Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico — The Pacific Coast (and Central Highlands)
 

The Episcopal Palace and City Council

 
 
The Episcopal Palace and City Council Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By J. Makali Bruton, April 6, 2018
1. The Episcopal Palace and City Council Marker
Inscription.  
Aquí estuvo el Palacio Episcopal, mismo que ocupó el H. Ayuntamiento en su cuarto asiento y tercer cambio, del 15 de septiembre de 1915 al mes de agosto de 1948

Instituto Jalisciense de Antropologia e Historia
H. Ayuntamiento 1968-1970 I.N.A.H.


English translation:
Here was the Episcopal Palace, the same that was later occupied by the Honorable City Council in its fourth establishment and third change of location, from September 15, 1915 to August 1948.

Jalisco Institute of Anthropology and History
Honorable City Council of 1968-1969 INAH

 
Erected 1968 by Instituto Jalisciense de Antropologia e Historia, Honorable Ayuntamiento 1968-1970, INAH.
 
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Churches & ReligionColonial EraGovernment & Politics. A significant historical date for this entry is September 15, 1915.
 
Location. 20° 40.672′ N, 103° 20.859′ W. Marker is in Guadalajara, Jalisco. Marker is on Avenida Fray Antonio Alcalde just south of
Paid Advertisement
Click on the ad for more information.
Please report objectionable advertising to the Editor.
Click or scan to see
this page online
Calle Independencia, on the left when traveling south. The marker is attached to the eastern face of the building along an open corridor. The building is currently the Municipal Government Headquarters for Guadalajara. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Guadalajara JAL 44100, Mexico. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. The Cathedral Basilica of the Assumption (within shouting distance of this marker); Rotunda of Jalisco’s Illustrious (within shouting distance of this marker); Calle de la Soledad (about 90 meters away, measured in a direct line); The New Cathedral of Guadalajara (about 90 meters away); Regional Museum of Guadalajara (about 120 meters away); The Street of Royal Tobacco Shops (about 120 meters away); Plaza of the Constitution (about 180 meters away); Miguel Hidalgo’s Edict Against Slavery (about 210 meters away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Guadalajara.
 
The Episcopal Palace and City Council and Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By J. Makali Bruton, April 6, 2018
2. The Episcopal Palace and City Council and Marker
The marker can be seen here to the right along the corridor.
The Municipal Building of Guadalajara (El Palacio Municipal) image. Click for full size.
Photographed By J. Makali Bruton, April 7, 2018
3. The Municipal Building of Guadalajara (El Palacio Municipal)
The marker is along the corridor to the right (east) in this view of the Municipal Building.
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 28, 2024. It was originally submitted on April 29, 2018, by J. Makali Bruton of Accra, Ghana. This page has been viewed 125 times since then and 17 times this year. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on April 29, 2018, by J. Makali Bruton of Accra, Ghana.   3. submitted on May 4, 2018, by J. Makali Bruton of Accra, Ghana.

Share this page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=116898

CeraNet Cloud Computing sponsors the Historical Marker Database.
This website earns income from purchases you make after using our links to Amazon.com. We appreciate your support.
Paid Advertisement
Jul. 22, 2024