Junction City in Lane County, Oregon — The American West (Northwest)
Honor of Daniel Smith.
Pioneer of 1852. Donor
of the Townsite.
Erected 1933 by Oregon Lewis & Clark Chapter, D.A.R.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Settlements & Settlers. In addition, it is included in the Daughters of the American Revolution series list.
Location. 44° 9.445′ N, 123° 18.441′ W. Marker is in Junction City, Oregon, in Lane County. Marker is on Territorial Hwy, on the left when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Junction City OR 97448, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 11 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. West Side Old Territorial Road (about 700 feet away, measured in a direct line); “The Struggle Has Ended” (approx. 3.9 miles away); Junction City’s First Jail (approx. 6.6 miles away); Locomotive 418 (approx. 6.7 miles away); Lee House (approx. 6.7 miles away); Junction City — A Brief History Wilhelm Mill Water Wheel (approx. 10.8 miles away); The Belknap Settlement (approx. 10.8 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Junction City.
More about this marker. Marker is difficult to see from the road. A nearby sign highlighting the historic Applegate Trail which passed through here was found lying on the ground nearby the marker.
Related marker. Click here for another marker that is related to this marker.
Credits. This page was last revised on May 3, 2018. It was originally submitted on May 3, 2018, by Douglass Halvorsen of Klamath Falls, Oregon. This page has been viewed 81 times since then and 16 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on May 3, 2018, by Douglass Halvorsen of Klamath Falls, Oregon. • Andrew Ruppenstein was the editor who published this page.