Guadalajara in Municipality of Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico — The Pacific Coast (and Central Highlands)
The First City Councils of Guadalajara
ubicadas las primeras casas
consistoriales de la ciudad
Febrero 14 de 1542
Ayuntamiento de Guadalajara
First City Councils
of the city of Guadalajara
February 14, 1542
City Council of Guadalajara
Erected by Ayuntamiento de Guadalajara 1968-1970.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Colonial Era • Government & Politics • Man-Made Features • Settlements & Settlers. A significant historical date for this entry is February 14, 1542.
Location. 20° 40.597′ N, 103° 20.667′ W. Marker is in Guadalajara, Jalisco, in Municipality of Guadalajara. Marker is on Paseo Hospicio just east of Calle Degollado, on the right when traveling east. The marker is on the northwest corner of the Juzgazdo de la Familia (Family Justice) building. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Guadalajara, Jalisco 44100, Mexico. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Temple of Saint Augustine (within shouting distance of this marker); The Plaza of Saint AugustineThe Degollado Theater (within shouting distance of this marker); Beatriz Hernández (within shouting distance of this marker); House of Pedro Gómez Maraver (within shouting distance of this marker); The Convent of Saint Mary of Grace (about 90 meters away, measured in a direct line); The Church of San Miguel (about 90 meters away); The Justice Building (about 90 meters away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Guadalajara.
Credits. This page was last revised on May 7, 2018. It was originally submitted on May 7, 2018, by J. Makali Bruton of Querétaro, Mexico. This page has been viewed 79 times since then and 6 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on May 7, 2018, by J. Makali Bruton of Querétaro, Mexico.