Berkeley Springs in Morgan County, West Virginia — The American South (Appalachia)
Original Town of Bath Lots One and Two
Erected 2001 by Ye Towne of Bath Chapter of the Daughters of the American Revolution.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Cemeteries & Burial Sites • Churches & Religion • War, US Revolutionary. In addition, it is included in the Daughters of the American Revolution, and the West Virginia, Berkeley Springs, Town of Bath Lots series lists. A significant historical date for this entry is August 26, 1777.
Location. 39° 37.424′ N, 78° 13.685′ W. Marker is in Berkeley Springs, West Virginia, in Morgan County. Marker can be reached from South Green Street south Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 168 South Green Street, Berkeley Springs WV 25411, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Dutch Cemetery (here, next to this marker); Capt. John Swann (within shouting distance of this marker); Community Services Building (within shouting distance of this marker); William Weathers (within shouting distance of this marker); John Barns (within shouting distance of this marker); John Smith and John Philpot (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Edward Lloyd (about 400 feet away); John Ridout (about 400 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Berkeley Springs.
Credits. This page was last revised on May 12, 2020. It was originally submitted on May 14, 2018, by Devry Becker Jones of Washington, District of Columbia. This page has been viewed 107 times since then and 12 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. submitted on May 14, 2018, by Devry Becker Jones of Washington, District of Columbia. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.