Stephenville in Erath County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
In Memory of George Bernhard Erath
He sought in Texas freedom from tyranny. In return, he contributed, through lifelong service, to the progress of the state and the development of an enlightened people.
Erected 1936 by State of Texas.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Settlements & Settlers • War, Texas Independence • War, US Civil. In addition, it is included in the Texas 1936 Centennial Markers and Monuments series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1836.
Location. 32° 13.138′ N, 98° 12.347′ W. Marker is in Stephenville, Texas, in Erath County. Marker is at the intersection of West Washington Street (Business Highway 377) and North Erath Avenue, on the left when traveling east on West Washington Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 500 W Washington St, Stephenville TX 76401, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are Erath Arches (here, next to this marker); First Methodist Church of Stephenville (about 600 feet away, measured in a direct line); Stephenville Masonic Lodge No. 267 (about 800 feet away); Stephenville Drug Stores (approx. 0.2 miles away); First National Bank Building (approx. 0.2 miles away); Crow Opera House (approx. 0.2 miles away); Lest We Forget (approx. 0.2 miles away); Erath County War Memorial (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Stephenville.
Also see . . . Erath, George Bernhard. from the Handbook of Texas Online (Submitted on May 17, 2018, by Larry D. Moore of Del Valle, Texas.)
Credits. This page was last revised on December 21, 2019. It was originally submitted on May 17, 2018, by Larry D. Moore of Del Valle, Texas. This page has been viewed 184 times since then and 16 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on May 17, 2018, by Larry D. Moore of Del Valle, Texas. • Andrew Ruppenstein was the editor who published this page.