W.H. Parker Building
Downtown Lowell Historic District
This building began its life as Lowell Primary School No. 3 in 1845 and the first floor dates to that time. By the 1890s it had been acquired by William Parker, a bobbin manufacturer who was also president of the First National Bank. Although Parker didn't live here, he did undertake extensive renovations. Upper stories were added, constructed of yellow brick with metal-clad bay windows, enlarging and converting the former school into residences.
Erected 2016 by City of Lowell and Lowell Historic Board.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Notable Buildings. A significant historical year for this entry is 1845.
Location. 42° 38.81′ N, 71° 18.578′ W. Marker is in Lowell, Massachusetts, in Middlesex County. Marker is on Paige Street east of Kirk Street, on the right when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 19 Paige Street, Lowell MA 01852, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Brown, Fay, and Watson Houses (within shouting distance of this marker); To Education (within shouting distance of this marker); Lowell High School Clock Restoration
Also see . . .
1. Downtown Lowell Historic District. (Submitted on May 26, 2018, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.)
2. Lowell measures buildings in 'stories' (Lowell Sun, 2016). (Submitted on May 26, 2018, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.)
Credits. This page was last revised on May 28, 2018. It was originally submitted on May 26, 2018, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 166 times since then and 14 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on May 26, 2018, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.