Near Brenham in Washington County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Old Baptist Church
Erected 1936 by State of Texas. (Marker Number 8417.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Churches & Religion. In addition, it is included in the Texas 1936 Centennial Markers and Monuments series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1839.
Location. 30° 19.168′ N, 96° 20.825′ W. Marker is near Brenham, Texas, in Washington County. Marker is at the intersection of La Bahia Trail East (Farm to Market Road 390) and Farm to Market Road 50, on the right when traveling west on La Bahia Trail East. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 10405 FM 50, Brenham TX 77833, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Houston-Lea Family Cemetery (within shouting distance of this marker); Margaret Moffette Lea Houston (within shouting distance of this marker); Site of Independence School (about 700 feet away, measured in a direct line); Site of Mustering of a Unit of Hood's Texas Brigade, C.S.A.Independence Postal Service (about 800 feet away); Independence (about 800 feet away); Home Built in 1845 by General Jerome B. Robertson (approx. 0.2 miles away); A College Town (approx. ¼ mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Brenham.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 14, 2018. It was originally submitted on June 13, 2018, by Larry D. Moore of Del Valle, Texas. This page has been viewed 101 times since then and 7 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on June 13, 2018, by Larry D. Moore of Del Valle, Texas. • Andrew Ruppenstein was the editor who published this page.