Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”

Williamstown in Berkshire County, Massachusetts — The American Northeast (New England)
 

1753 House

 
 
1753 House Marker image. Click for full size.
By William Fischer, Jr., June 2, 2018
1. 1753 House Marker
Inscription.  

Constructed with tools &
materials used in 1753
for the
Williamstown
Bicentennial

 
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Notable Buildings.
 
Location. 42° 42.815′ N, 73° 12.628′ W. Marker is in Williamstown, Massachusetts, in Berkshire County. Marker is on Main Street (U.S. 7), on the right when traveling east. Marker and house are near the center of Field Park. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1095 Main Street, Williamstown MA 01267, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Veterans Memorial (within shouting distance of this marker); World Wars Memorial (within shouting distance of this marker); War Memorial (within shouting distance of this marker); Site of First Meeting House (within shouting distance of this marker); Here Stood the West Hoosac Blockhouse (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Site of West Hoosac Fort (about 300 feet away); West College
1753 House and Marker image. Click for full size.
By William Fischer, Jr., June 2, 2018
2. 1753 House and Marker
(approx. ¼ mile away); The Meeting House of the First Congregational Church UCC (approx. 0.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Williamstown.
 
Regarding 1753 House. The house was originally constructed in 1953.
 
Also see . . .  How Did We Become Williamstown?. (Submitted on June 13, 2018, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.)
 
1753 House image. Click for full size.
By William Fischer, Jr., June 2, 2018
3. 1753 House
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 13, 2018. It was originally submitted on June 13, 2018, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 76 times since then and 9 times this year. Photos:   1, 2, 3. submitted on June 13, 2018, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.
Paid Advertisement
Aug. 14, 2020