Fulton in Callaway County, Missouri — The American Midwest (Upper Plains)
Fulton - 1824
Boone's Lick Road
Daughters of the
State of Missouri
Erected 1913 by Daughters of the American Revolution and the State of Missouri.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Roads & Vehicles. In addition, it is included in the Daughters of the American Revolution (DAR) series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1913.
Location. 38° 50.804′ N, 91° 56.853′ W. Marker is in Fulton, Missouri, in Callaway County. Marker is on East 4th Street east of Court Street, on the left when traveling east. Marker is located near the sidewalk on the south side of the Callaway County Courthouse. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 10 East 5th Street, Fulton MO 65251, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Captain James Callaway (within shouting distance of this marker); Boone's Rock (within shouting distance of this marker); War Memorial (within shouting distance of this marker); Callaway County Men at War (within shouting distance War Memorial (approx. 0.2 miles away); Memorial Park (approx. 0.2 miles away); Fulton (approx. 0.2 miles away); Alpha Delta of Beta Theta Pi (approx. 0.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Fulton.
Also see . . .
1. Boone’s Lick Road. The Boone’s Lick Road, dating to the early 1800s, stretches across present St. Charles, Warren, Montgomery, Callaway, Boone and Howard counties of eastern and central Missouri. Although the road has been largely forgotten in modern times, if St. Louis was the Gateway to the West, then the Boone’s Lick Road was the way to get there. (Submitted on June 19, 2018, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida.)
2. Boone's Lick Road. Jump to search The Boone's Lick Road, or Boonslick Trail was an early 1800s transportation route from eastern to central Missouri in the United States. Running east-west on the North side and roughly parallel to the Missouri River the trail began in the river port of St. Charles. The trail played a major role in the westward expansion of the United States and the development of Missouri's statehood. The trail's eventual terminus at Franklin was the start of the better-known Santa (Submitted on June 19, 2018, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida.)
Credits. This page was last revised on June 20, 2018. It was originally submitted on June 19, 2018, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida. This page has been viewed 141 times since then and 26 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on June 19, 2018, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida. • Andrew Ruppenstein was the editor who published this page.