Downtown in St. Louis, Missouri — The American Midwest (Upper Plains)
St. Charles Rock Road
Boone's Lick Road
— St. Louis —
Started near this corner 1764
Erected 1913 by Daughters of the American Revolution and the State of Missouri; Rededicated 1970 by the DAR.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Colonial Era • Roads & Vehicles. In addition, it is included in the Daughters of the American Revolution series list.
Location. 38° 37.562′ N, 90° 11.397′ W. Marker is in Downtown in St. Louis, Missouri. Marker is on North Broadway south of Chestnut Street, on the right when traveling south. Marker is located beside the sidewalk, near the northeast corner of Kiener Plaza Park. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 500 Chestnut Street, Saint Louis MO 63101, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. La Rue Missouri (within shouting distance of this marker); The Old Courthouse (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Joseph Pulitzer (about 400 feet away); Dred and Harriet Scott (about 400 feet away); Western Reach of the Revolution (about 400 feet away); Fort San Carlos (about 500 feet away); Sold on the Steps of Justice (about 500 feet away); Site of the Democratic National Convention of 1876 (about 500 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Downtown.
Also see . . .
1. Boone's Lick Road. The Boone’s Lick Road, dating to the early 1800s, stretches across present St. Charles, Warren, Montgomery, Callaway, Boone and Howard counties of eastern and central Missouri. Although the road has been largely forgotten in modern times, if St. Louis was the Gateway to the West, then the Boone’s Lick Road was the way to get there. (Submitted on June 22, 2018, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida.)
2. Boone's Lick Road. The Boone's Lick Road, or Boonslick Trail was an early 1800s transportation route from eastern to central Missouri in the United States. Running east-west on the North side and roughly parallel to the Missouri River the trail began in the river port of St. Charles. The trail played a major role in the westward expansion of the United States and the development of Missouri's statehood. The trail's eventual terminus (Submitted on June 22, 2018, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida.)
Credits. This page was last revised on June 1, 2020. It was originally submitted on June 22, 2018, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida. This page has been viewed 138 times since then and 34 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on June 22, 2018, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida. • Andrew Ruppenstein was the editor who published this page.