Near Greenville in Hunt County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Route of Old Colony Line Road
Over the road came ox-wagons from Jefferson to supply stores in Greenville, McKinney, Dallas, Fort Worth and frontier.
Settlers from the Old South traveled it in a steady stream of covered wagons. Highway 380 today traces part of the road.
Erected 1968 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 7779.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Roads & Vehicles • Settlements & Settlers.
Location. 33° 8.221′ N, 96° 10.926′ W. Marker is near Greenville, Texas, in Hunt County. Marker is at the intersection of U.S. 380 and County Road 2146, on the right when traveling east on U.S. 380. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Greenville TX 75401, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 5 miles of this marker, measured Hunt County's First Railroad (approx. 4 miles away); The Old Greenville Post Office (approx. 4.1 miles away); Greenville Building and Loan Association (approx. 4.2 miles away); Greenville (approx. 4.2 miles away); Central Christian Church (approx. 4.2 miles away); Hunt County (approx. 4.4 miles away); 1929 Hunt County Courthouse (approx. 4.4 miles away); The Seven Courthouses of Hunt County (approx. 4.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Greenville.
Credits. This page was last revised on July 3, 2018. It was originally submitted on July 1, 2018, by Larry D. Moore of Del Valle, Texas. This page has been viewed 81 times since then and 16 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on July 1, 2018, by Larry D. Moore of Del Valle, Texas. • Andrew Ruppenstein was the editor who published this page.