The Club House
Little League's first scoring booth, eventually called the Club House. Constructed in 1943 for the 1944 season, with 2" red fir from the bleachers of Bowman Field. Designed with an 8ft. hinged desk facing the diamond for Mac McCloskey to record the games. The City Park System required the Club House to be dismantled after each season.
Research Provided by Carl E. Stotz Archives - 1999
Location. 41° 14.433′ N, 77° 2.677′ W. Marker is in Williamsport, Pennsylvania, in Lycoming County. Marker and Club House are part of the Carl E. Stotz Field Little League Baseball complex, on West 4th Street south of Memorial Park. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1695 West 4th Street, Williamsport PA 17701, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Carl E. Stotz (here, next to this marker); Carl E. Stotz Field (a few steps from this marker); a different marker also named Carl E. Stotz (a few steps from this marker); "Major" and "Jimmy" Gehron (within shouting distance of this marker); Lycoming County War Memorial
Categories. • Man-Made Features • Sports •
More. Search the internet for The Club House.
Credits. This page was last revised on August 1, 2018. This page originally submitted on July 31, 2018, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 59 times since then and 15 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on July 31, 2018, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.