Leesburg in Loudoun County, Virginia — The American South (Mid-Atlantic)
Erected 1995 by Department of Historic Resources. (Marker Number F-29.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Agriculture • Architecture • Industry & Commerce • Settlements & Settlers. In addition, it is included in the Virginia Department of Historic Resources series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1903.
Location. 39° 8.486′ N, 77° 32.779′ W. Marker is Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Leesburg VA 20175, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within one mile of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Goose Creek Chapel (here, next to this marker); Mile Hill (approx. ¼ mile away); 1862 Antietam Campaign (approx. ¼ mile away); Sharpsburg (Antietam) Campaign (approx. 0.8 miles away); Battle of Ball's Bluff (approx. one mile away); Jenifer’s Cavalry (approx. one mile away); Battlefield Historic Restoration Project (approx. 1.1 miles away); 15th Massachusetts Infantry (approx. 1.1 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Leesburg.
More about this marker. The marker is on the grounds of Morven Park, just past the intersection of Business Hwy 15 and Hwy 15 Bypass.
Regarding Morven Park. Morven Park is now a noted equestrian center. In addition to the mansion, the Park also features a fox hunting and carriage museum. The mansion and museum are off Waterford Road. Go South from the marker location on King Street (Business Highway 15), turning West onto North Street, which become Waterford after two blocks. The park is currently run under a 501c3 organization.
Credits. This page was last revised on December 25, 2019. It was originally submitted on June 20, 2007, by Craig Swain of Leesburg, Virginia. This page has been viewed 2,109 times since then and 87 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on June 20, 2007, by Craig Swain of Leesburg, Virginia. 4, 5. submitted on November 19, 2008, by Craig Swain of Leesburg, Virginia. • J. J. Prats was the editor who published this page.