Near Weches in Houston County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Mission San Francisco de los Tejas
May 24, 1690,
at the Nabedache (Tejas) Indian Village
Erected, A. D. 1934, by DeZavala Chapter,
Texas Historical and Landmarks Association.
Located by: Dr. Albert Woldert, Tyler, Texas.
Miss Adina DeZavala, San Antonio, Texas
Assisted by Mr. J. M. Lovell, Augusta, Texas
Erected 1934 by DeZavala Chapter, Texas Historical and Landmarks Association. (Marker Number 14922.)
Location. 31° 32.889′ N, 95° 14.383′ W. Marker is near Weches, Texas, in Houston County. Marker is on Park Road 44 0.7 miles north of State Highway 21, on the left when traveling north. Located in Mission Tejas State Park. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 120 Park Road 44, Grapeland TX 75844, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 6 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. The Joseph R. Rice Log Cabin (approx. half a mile away); Mission San Francisco de Los Tejas (approx. 0.6 miles away); Community of Weches (approx. 0.6 miles away); Weches CCC Camp Glover School (approx. 2½ miles away); Mission Santissimo Nombre de Maria (approx. 4.6 miles away); Pine Springs Campground (approx. 5.7 miles away); Site of Neches Indian Village (was approx. 6.1 miles away but has been reported permanently removed. ). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Weches.
Also see . . .
1. San Francisco de los Tejas Mission - The Handbook of Texas Online. Texas State Historical Association (TSHA) (Submitted on August 9, 2018, by Brian Anderson of Kingwood, Texas.)
2. Mission Tejas State Park. Texas Parks & Wildlife Department (Submitted on August 11, 2018.)
Categories. • Churches & Religion • Colonial Era • Native Americans • Settlements & Settlers •
More. Search the internet for Mission San Francisco de los Tejas.
Credits. This page was last revised on August 11, 2018. This page originally submitted on August 9, 2018, by Brian Anderson of Kingwood, Texas. This page has been viewed 75 times since then and 31 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on August 9, 2018, by Brian Anderson of Kingwood, Texas. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.