Ringgold in Catoosa County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Erected 1956. (Marker Number 023-14.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Georgia Historical Society/Commission marker series.
Location. 34° 54.964′ N, 85° 6.64′ W. Marker is in Ringgold, Georgia, in Catoosa County. Marker is on Nashville Street (U.S. 41) 0 miles north of Jail Street, on the left when traveling north. Marker is on the lawn of the old Catoosa County Courthouse. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Ringgold GA 30736, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers Catoosa County (here, next to this marker); Catoosa County War Memorial (a few steps from this marker); Flame of Freedom (a few steps from this marker); Battle of Chickamauga (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); Actions At Ringgold (about 700 feet away); The Whitman House (approx. 0.2 miles away); Western & Atlantic Depot (approx. 0.2 miles away); The Ringgold Depot (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Ringgold.
Categories. • War, US Civil •
More. Search the internet for Confederate Hospitals.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on October 7, 2008, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 1,283 times since then and 6 times this year. Photos: 1. submitted on October 7, 2008, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. 2. submitted on July 21, 2015, by Brandon Fletcher of Chattanooga, Tennessee. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.