Delaware Township near Watsontown in Northumberland County, Pennsylvania — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Warrior Run Church
American Presbyterian and Reformed Historical Site
Erected 1947 by Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission. (Marker Number 249.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Churches & Religion • Native Americans. In addition, it is included in the American Presbyterian and Reformed Historic Sites, the Daughters of the American Revolution (DAR), and the Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission series lists. A significant historical year for this entry is 1789.
Location. 41° 5.874′ N, 76° 48.45′ W. Marker is near Watsontown, Pennsylvania, in Northumberland County. It is in Delaware Township. Marker is on 8th Street Drive just east of Susquehanna Trail (Pennsylvania Route 1007). Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 41 Warrior Ln, Watsontown PA 17777, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 6 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Col. Matthew Smith Fort Freeland (about 600 feet away); a different marker also named Fort Freeland (about 700 feet away); Widow Catherine Smith (approx. 3.7 miles away); Clinger Lumber Company / Kepler Brothers Trucking Company (approx. 5.8 miles away); The Hastings Printing Company (approx. 5.8 miles away); Milton's Railroads (approx. 5.9 miles away); The L.M. & W. Trolley Company (approx. 5.9 miles away).
Regarding Warrior Run Church. Warrior Run Presbyterian Church was listed in the National Register of Historic Places in 1973. This church is also one of 445 American Presbyterian and Reformed Historical Sites registered between 1973 and 2003 by the Presbyterian Historical Society (PHS), headquartered in Philadelphia. Approved sites received a metal plaque featuring John Calvin’s seal and the site’s registry number (PHS marker location unknown).
The following text is taken from the Presbyterian Historical Society website:
n 1849, the Warrior Run Church was one of the largest in the Presbytery of Northumberland. A century later it became the first active church maintained by the
Also see . . . History of Warrior Run Church -. (Submitted on August 24, 2015, by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland.)
Credits. This page was last revised on February 7, 2023. It was originally submitted on August 23, 2015, by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland. This page has been viewed 437 times since then and 101 times this year. Last updated on August 26, 2018, by Douglass Halvorsen of Klamath Falls, Oregon. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. submitted on August 23, 2015, by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland.