Coloma in El Dorado County, California — The American West (Pacific Coastal)
Sutter Mill Cemetery – 1848
Originated at time of gold discovery also known as “Coloma Protestant” or “Vineyard House” Cemetery. Still used by local pioneer families.
Erected 1981 by Native Sons of the Golden West, Larry E. Mowinckel, Grand President. Plaque Honoring Placerville N.S.G.W. Centennial, September 19, 1981.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Native Sons/Daughters of the Golden West marker series.
Location. 38° 47.786′ N, 120° 53.364′ W. Marker is in Coloma, California, in El Dorado County. Marker is on Cold Springs Road, on the right when traveling north. Marker is located within the bounderies of the Marshall Gold Discovery State Historical Park. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Coloma CA 95613, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Pioneer Cemetery (here, next to this marker); Coloma’s Pioneer Cemetery (here, next to this marker); Emmanuel Church (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); Papini House (approx. 0.2 miles away); Dukehart’s Barbershop and Bathhouse (approx. 0.2 miles away); American House Hotel (approx. 0.2 miles away); Saint John’s Cemetery (approx. 0.2 miles away); Cabin of James Marshall (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Coloma.
Additional keywords. Gold Rush
Categories. • Cemeteries & Burial Sites • Settlements & Settlers •
More. Search the internet for Sutter Mill Cemetery – 1848.
Credits. This page was last revised on July 7, 2019. This page originally submitted on October 9, 2008, by Syd Whittle of El Dorado Hills, California. This page has been viewed 1,918 times since then and 34 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on October 9, 2008, by Syd Whittle of El Dorado Hills, California.