Site du palais de l'intendant
⎯⎯⎯
Intendant's Palace Site
Sur cet emplacement l'Intendant Talon constuisit, en 1668, une brasserie, qui fut transformée en palais pour les Intendants par M. de Meulles, en 1686. Cet édifice, incendié en 1713, reconstruit par M. Bégon, de nouveau ravagé par le feu en 1726, restauré par M. Dupuy en 1727, fut détruit durant le siege de Québec en 1775.
On this site the Intendant Talon erected a brewery in 1668 which was converted into a palace for the Intendants by M[r]. de Meulles, in 1686. This building was destroyed by fire in 1713. Re-constructed by M[r]. Bégon, it was again damaged by fire in 1726. Restored by M[r]. Dupuy in 1727, it was destroyed during the siege of Quebec in 1775.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Colonial Era • Government & Politics • Settlements & Settlers. A significant historical year for this entry is 1688.
Location. 46° 48.945′ N, 71° 12.792′ W. Marker is in Québec, in Capitale-Nationale. It is in Vieux-Québec-Cap-Blanc-colline Parlementaire. It is at the intersection of rue Saint-Nicolas
Regionally, this marker is in Central Canada. Globally, it is in North America, the Western Hemisphere, and the Western World. Historically, it finds itself in what was once a British colony, the Viceroyalty of New France, the Haudenosaunee (Iroquois) Confederacy, and Rupert’s Land.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker: Hommage à Gérard Thibault (within shouting distance of this marker); Place Jean-Pelletier (about 120 meters away, measured in a direct line); William Drum (about 150 meters away); Irish Roots in Old Québec (about 150 meters away); Protecting the Upper Town (about 150 meters away); Hôtel-Dieu de Québec (about 150 meters away); Artillery Park: The Barracks Sector (about 180 meters away); Premier Hôpital au Canada (about 180 meters away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Québec.
Also see . . . Intendant's Palace Archaeological Site at Historica Canada.
Credits. This page was last revised on February 9, 2023. It was originally submitted on September 7, 2018, by William Fischer, Jr. of Reynoldsburg, Ohio. This page has been viewed 442 times since then and 36 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on September 7, 2018, by William Fischer, Jr. of Reynoldsburg, Ohio.

