St. Charles in St. Charles County, Missouri — The American Midwest (Upper Plains)
But part of each, of each the best"
Upon this block number twenty was located the headquarters of the two Spanish commandants for thee District of St. Charles.
This tablet also marks the location of the dwelling where Blanchette, the first settler lived and died
Erected 1921 by Missouri State Society, Daughters of the American Revolution.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Military • Settlements & Settlers. In addition, it is included in the Daughters of the American Revolution series list. A significant historical month for this entry is October 1921.
Location. 38° 46.487′ N, 90° 29.073′ W. Marker is in St. Charles, Missouri, in St. Charles County. Marker is on South Main Street south of McDonough Street, on the right when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 904 South Main Street, Saint Charles MO 63301, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker921 South Riverside Drive (within shouting distance of this marker); Home of Don Carlos Tayon (within shouting distance of this marker); The Lewis and Clark Expedition Rendezvous Site (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); The Trail to Fort Osage (about 400 feet away); 25th Anniversary (about 500 feet away); Edward Paule Home (about 500 feet away); Farmer's Home (about 600 feet away); Collier Cottage (about 700 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in St. Charles.
Credits. This page was last revised on March 25, 2021. It was originally submitted on October 13, 2018, by Devry Becker Jones of Washington, District of Columbia. This page has been viewed 83 times since then and 6 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on October 13, 2018, by Devry Becker Jones of Washington, District of Columbia. • Andrew Ruppenstein was the editor who published this page.