Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Irapuato, Guanajuato, Mexico — The Central Highlands (North America)
 

Temple of the Convent / Temple of the Third Order

 
 
Temple of the Convent / Temple of the Third Order Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By J. Makali Bruton, December 8, 2018
1. Temple of the Convent / Temple of the Third Order Marker
Inscription.  

Templo del Convento
Data de 1779. Se funda gracias a lo dispuesto en el testamento de Ramón Barreto de Tábora, quien dona el solar donde se construye este convento, así como el capital para erigir los altares y la obtención de algunos ornamentos, entre otras cosas.

La petición para erigir este convento fue enviada a Valladolid en 1766.

En este Convento funcionó la primera escuela para niños que se estableció en la Congregación de Irapuato.

La torre fue completada en el año de 1975. Este edificio fue expropiado por el gobierno Federal y cedido por gestiones del Mpio al Ayuntamiento de Irapuato en 1955-1957 y derrumbado en esos años, para levantar en ese lugar la actual escuela secundaria oficial.

La planta es de cruz latina con una cubierta y una bóveda de lunetos decorada. El crucero está cubierto por una cúpula. Los altares son de canteria, el presbiterio tiene acceso a una capilla anexa y la torre del campanario es de dos cuerpos.

Templo de la Tercera Orden
Fue construido gracias a la donación del terreno y dinero de doña Inés de Oropeza, viuda de don José López
Paid Advertisement
Click on the ad for more information.
Please report objectionable advertising to the Editor.
Click or scan to see
this page online
Gutiérrez, en el año de 27 de mayo de 1737.

Dedicado inicialmente a San Buenaventura.

La Iglesia es de cruz latina cubierta con bóveda de cañón corrido, recibida con semicolumnas sólidas, caracteristicas, al igual que el resto del interior, de la sencillez franciscana. Sus retablos originales fueron sustituidos por retablos neoclásicos.

Su pórtico principal, sencillo, armónico y proporcionado, con sus estipites semicolumnas separadas del muro que lo remarcan, encarna con la mayor claridad el estilo barroco estipite que es representativo y casi único del Bajío.

Por siglos inconclusa, su única torre fue terminada, al igual que la propia del templo del Convento, en época del superiorato fray Joel Medina O.F.M en los años sesenta, en cuya estructura se encuentra colocado el reloj que primeramente integrado a la original torre del reloj en el Jardín Principal, fue donado a la ciudad por el entonces presidente de la república Álvaro Obregón.

English:
Temple of the Convent
It dates from 1779. Founded thanks to the provisions in the will of Ramón Barreto de Tábora, who donated the land where this monastery is built, as well as the capital to erect altars and the obtaining of some ornaments, among other things.

The request to erect this Convent was sent to Valladolid in 1766.

In this Convent ran the
Temple of the Convent / Temple of the Third Order Marker English version image. Click for full size.
Photographed By J. Makali Bruton, December 8, 2018
2. Temple of the Convent / Temple of the Third Order Marker English version
first school for children was established in the Congregation of Irapuato.

The tower was completed in the year of 1975. This building was expropriated by the Federal Government and ceded by efforts by the Municipality to the city of Irapuato in 1955-1957 and collapsed in those years, to raise the current official high school there.

The plant is of a Latin cross with a cover and a decorated lunettes vault. The cruise is covered by a dome. The altars are made of stone, the presbytery has access to an attached Chapel and the Bell Tower is made of two bodies.

Temple of the Third Order
It was built thanks to a donation of land and money from Doña Inés de Oropeza, widow of Don José López Gutiérrez, on May 27th, 1737.

It was initially dedicated to Saint Bonaventure.

The Church is of Latin cross covered with a barrel vault, received with semi solid, features, like the rest of the interior, of the Franciscan simplicity. Their original altarpieces were replaced by neoclassical retables.

Its main, simple, harmonious and proportioned porch with their pilasters or semi-columns separated from the wall that stresses it, most clearly embodies the Baroque Stipe which is almost unique and representative of the Bajío.

For unfinished centuries, its single tower was completed, as well as their own Temple of the Monastery, in time of
Temple of the Convent / Temple of the Third Order Marker Japanese version image. Click for full size.
Photographed By J. Makali Bruton, December 8, 2018
3. Temple of the Convent / Temple of the Third Order Marker Japanese version
the superior fray Joel Medina O.F.M in the sixties, in whose structure is placed the clock, first joined to the original tower of the clock in the Main Garden, was donated to the city by the then President of the Republic Álvaro Obregón.

Japanese:
修道院テンプル
これは、とりわけ、祭壇を建てるために、こ の僧院が構築される土地だけでなく、資本を 寄贈し、いくつかの装飾品の取得ラモンバ レット·デ·タボラの意志の規定に1779設立さ れたおかげでさかのぼる。

この修道院を建てるための要求は、1766年に バリャドリードに送られた。

この修道院では子供のための最初の学校はイラプアトの会衆に設立されました走った。

塔はそこに現在の公式の高校を高めるために、1975年、この建物は、連邦政府が没収し、割
Temple of the Convent / Temple of the Third Order Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By J. Makali Bruton, December 8, 2018
4. Temple of the Convent / Temple of the Third Order Marker
The marker can be seen roughly in the center of this view in front of the Temple of the Convent.
讓努力によって市町村によってイラプアト市 に1955年から1957年には、これらの年の間に 崩壊した年に完成した。

ブラントはカバーと飾らlunettesボールトとラ テン十字である。クルーズは、ドームで覆わ れている。祭壇は石で作られて、中会は2体 で作られて添付チャペル、鐘楼へのアクセス 権を持っています。

3次Temple
これは、5月27日、1737年におけるドナイネス·ド·Oropeza, ドン·ホセ·ロペス·グティエレ スの未亡人から、土地や資金の寄付のおかげで建設された。

それは、最初は聖ボナベンチャーに捧げられた。

教会はフランシスコ会単純で、インテリアの
Temple of the Convent / Temple of the Third Order Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By J. Makali Bruton, December 8, 2018
5. Temple of the Convent / Temple of the Third Order Marker
The marker can be seen towards the right in this view of the southern side of the Temple of the Third Order. The Temple of the Convent is further to the right, mostly out of view.
残りの部分のように、半固体、機能と受信 バレルボールトで覆われ、ラテン十字である。彼らのオリジナルの祭壇画は、新古典派 retablesに置き換えられました

その壁柱、 またはそれを強調して壁から分離 した半列を持つ主な、シンプルな、調和のと れたプロポーションポーチは、最も明確にほ とんどユニークでバヒオを代表するバロック 柄を具体化する。

未完成の何世紀もの間、その一つの塔は、第
Paid Advertisement
Click on the ad for more information.
Please report objectionable advertising to the Editor.
1クロックの元の塔に参加して、時計を置か れ、その構造中に六十年代、 性に優れたほっ れジョエルメディナOFMの時代に、修道院の と同様に、自分の,完成しましたメイン ガーデンに、共和国アルバロ·オブレゴン当時 大統領が市に寄贈されました。
 
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: ArchitectureChurches & ReligionColonial EraMan-Made Features. A significant historical date for this entry is May 27, 1737.
 
Location. 20° 40.356′ N, 101° 20.778′ W. Marker is in Irapuato, Guanajuato. Marker is on Juárez just south of Calle Ramón Barreto de Tábora, on the left when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Irapuato GTO 36500, Mexico. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 18 kilometers of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Temple of the Convent (a few steps from this marker); Temple of the Third Order (within shouting distance of this marker); Temple of Solitude (about 180 meters away, measured in a direct line); Major Plaza (about 210 meters away); Irapuato Cathedral (about 210 meters away); Saint Joseph Church (approx. 0.2 kilometers away); Founding of Irapuato (approx. 0.3 kilometers away); Darío Díaz (approx. 16.5 kilometers away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Irapuato.
 
Regarding Temple of the Convent / Temple of the Third Order. The marker is a combination of the two nearby markers mounted to the facades of the respective temples mentioned. This marker is notable for its Japanese text, probably prompted by the presence of workers at nearby Japanese automotive plants.
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on December 12, 2018. It was originally submitted on December 12, 2018, by J. Makali Bruton of Accra, Ghana. This page has been viewed 127 times since then. Photos:   1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on December 12, 2018, by J. Makali Bruton of Accra, Ghana.

Share this page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=127341

CeraNet Cloud Computing sponsors the Historical Marker Database.
U.S. FTC REQUIRED NOTICE: This website earns income from purchases you make after using links to Amazon.com. Thank you.
Paid Advertisements
Feb. 26, 2024