Paris in Lamar County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Built 1858 as a story and a half home by early doctor, A.S.Johnson. Remodeled 1907.
Occupied in 1916 by Dr. L.P. McCuistion (1869-1947), 57 years a physician, who founded the Sanitarium of Paris in 1914 and led in development of Paris as a hospital center.
Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1966
Erected 1966 by State Historical Survey Committee. (Marker Number 8210.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Landmarks • Notable Buildings • Science & Medicine.
Location. 33° 39.613′ N, 95° 32.935′ W. Marker is in Paris, Texas, in Lamar County. Marker is on Clarksville Street near 8th Street SE, on the right when traveling east. Mounted on the front building. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 730 Clarksville Street, Paris TX 75460, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. St. Joseph's Hospital (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); First United Methodist Church of Paris (approx. ¼ mile away); Paris Public Schools Robert Cooke Buckner (approx. 0.3 miles away); First Baptist Church of Paris (approx. 0.3 miles away); Central Presbyterian Church (approx. 0.3 miles away); Paris Fire Department (approx. 0.4 miles away); Church of the Holy Cross, Episcopal (approx. 0.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Paris.
More about this marker. Currently the Fry & Gibbs Funeral Home.
Credits. This page was last revised on January 1, 2019. It was originally submitted on January 1, 2019, by Cajun Scrambler of Assumption, Louisiana. This page has been viewed 404 times since then and 154 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on January 1, 2019.