Gonzales in Gonzales County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Green Dewitt Cemetery
Erected 2002 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 12837.)
Location. 29° 28.486′ N, 97° 26.895′ W. Marker is in Gonzales, Texas, in Gonzales County. Marker is on an unnamed park road 0.1 miles north of County Road 197, on the right when traveling north. Marker and cemetery are located within J. B. Wells Park. Touch for map Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Sarah Seely De Witt (a few steps from this marker); Santa Anna Mound (approx. 0.2 miles away); The Old Eighteen (approx. half a mile away); Gonzales Cannon (approx. 0.6 miles away); Campsite Marking Start of San Jacinto Campaign (approx. 1.6 miles away); 1834 Homesite of Capt. and Mrs. Almaron Dickinson (approx. 1.7 miles away); Site of Indian Fort (approx. 1.8 miles away); Gonzales Cannon Burial Site (approx. 1.8 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Gonzales.
Also see . . . DeWitt, Green - The Handbook of Texas Online. Texas State Historical Association (TSHA) (Submitted on January 3, 2019, by Brian Anderson of Kingwood, Texas.)
Categories. • Cemeteries & Burial Sites •
More. Search the internet for Green Dewitt Cemetery.
Credits. This page was last revised on January 3, 2019. This page originally submitted on January 2, 2019, by Brian Anderson of Kingwood, Texas. This page has been viewed 49 times since then. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on January 3, 2019, by Brian Anderson of Kingwood, Texas.