Delaware in Delaware County, Ohio — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
1862 - 1864
Erected 2002 by Ohio Bicentennial Commission, The Longaberger Company, Delaware County Historical Society, Delaware City Council, Delaware County Commissioners, and The Ohio Historical Society. (Marker Number 2-21.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: African Americans • Forts and Castles • War, US Civil. In addition, it is included in the Ohio Historical Society / The Ohio History Connection, and the Ohio, Delaware County Historical Society series lists. A significant historical year for this entry is 1862.
Location. 40° 17.089′ N, 83° 4.142′ W. Marker is in Delaware, Ohio, in Delaware County. Marker is at the intersection of Sandusky Street and Olentangy Avenue, on the right when traveling south on Sandusky Street. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Delaware OH 43015, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Oak Grove Cemetery and Arboretum (approx. 0.2 miles away); Zion African Methodist Episcopal Church (approx. 0.7 miles away); Edwards Gymnasium / Home of High School Basketball Tournaments (approx. 0.7 miles away); Wesley Branch Rickey (approx. ¾ mile away); Elliott Hall (approx. 0.8 miles away); University Hall and Gray Chapel (approx. 0.8 miles away); Cherry, Judge, Luckett Memorial (approx. 0.8 miles away); The Harrison Trail (approx. 0.8 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Delaware.
Additional keywords. USCT
Credits. This page was last revised on December 24, 2016. It was originally submitted on October 22, 2008, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 2,934 times since then and 67 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on October 22, 2008, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.