Newton in Newton County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Incise on base: Donated by Blewett Descendants
Erected 1997 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 11100.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Industry & Commerce • Settlements & Settlers • War, US Civil. A significant historical year for this entry is 1849.
Location. 30° 50.908′ N, 93° 45.643′ W. Marker is in Newton, Texas, in Newton County. Marker is on Court Street (U.S. 190), on the right when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 113 Court Street, Newton TX 75966, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers Newton County Courthouse (within shouting distance of this marker); Town of Newton (within shouting distance of this marker); Newton County Pre-War Maneuvers (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); W. H. Ford Male & Female College (about 300 feet away); Newton Cemetery (approx. 0.3 miles away); Autrey-Williams House (approx. half a mile away); Woods Park (approx. 0.9 miles away); Historic Roadside Park (approx. 3.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Newton.
Credits. This page was last revised on January 15, 2019. It was originally submitted on January 14, 2019, by Brian Anderson of Atascocita, Texas. This page has been viewed 116 times since then and 26 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on January 15, 2019, by Brian Anderson of Atascocita, Texas.