Carrollton in Carroll County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Erected 1996 by McDaniel Curtis Camp, Sons of Confederate Veterans.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Roads & Vehicles • War, US CivilSons of Confederate Veterans/United Confederate Veterans series list. A significant historical date for this entry is April 25, 1865.
Location. 33° 34.682′ N, 85° 4.328′ W. Marker is in Carrollton, Georgia, in Carroll County. Marker is on Dixie Street, 2 miles south of West Avenue, on the left when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Carrollton GA 30117, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 12 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Charles Carroll of Carrollton (about 600 feet away, measured in a direct line); Six Industrial Giants (about 700 feet away); Carrollton (approx. Ό mile away); University of West Georgia (approx. 1.4 miles away); First REA Substation in Carroll County (approx. 2.3 miles away); Sacred Harp Singing (approx. 8.6 miles away); Last Land in Georgia Ceded by the Creeks (approx. 10.7 miles away); Whatley Memorial Historic Park (approx. 11.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Carrollton.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on October 23, 2008, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 1,485 times since then and 69 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on October 23, 2008, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.