Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Near Baldwin in Baltimore County, Maryland — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
 

Gunpowder Manor

Long Green Valley

 
 
Gunpowder Manor – Long Green Valley Marker image. Click for full size.
By Beverly Pfingsten, July 29, 2007
1. Gunpowder Manor – Long Green Valley Marker
Inscription.  In this valley 7031 acres laid out, 1683, for Charles, Third Lord Baltimore. Opened to settlers, 1721 by Charles, Fifth Lord Baltimore. Frederick, Sixth Lord Baltimore, ordered manor sold, 1766. Land remaining 1782 seized and sold as confiscated British property.
 
Erected by Maryland Historical Trust, Maryland State Highway Administration.
 
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Colonial EraSettlements & SettlersWar, US Revolutionary.
 
Location. 39° 29.689′ N, 76° 28.196′ W. Marker is near Baldwin, Maryland, in Baltimore County. Marker is at the intersection of Pleasantville Road and Fork Road / Baldwin Mill Road, on the right on Pleasantville Road. At the intersection, if going south, Pleasantville Road becomes Long Green Pike. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Baldwin MD 21013, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 5 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. St. John the Evangelist Catholic Church (approx. 0.6 miles away); Fork United Methodist Church (approx. 1.9 miles away);
Paid Advertisement
Click on the ad for more information.
Please report objectionable advertising to the Editor.
Click or scan to see
this page online
Ishmael Day’s House (approx. 3.2 miles away); Maj. Gen. Isaac Ridgeway Trimble, C.S.A. (approx. 3.6 miles away); “Quinn” (approx. 3.7 miles away); Saint John’s Parish (approx. 4.2 miles away); Glen Ellen (approx. 4˝ miles away); The Sweathouse Road (approx. 4.6 miles away).
 
More about this marker. A marker with identical text was first erected here by the State Rods Commission in 1954. It was replaced by the Maryland Historical Society in 1969. The present marker may be another replacement.
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on November 22, 2019. It was originally submitted on July 29, 2007, by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland. This page has been viewed 2,761 times since then and 13 times this year. Last updated on February 13, 2019, by Carl Gordon Moore Jr. of North East, Maryland. Photo   1. submitted on July 29, 2007, by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland.

Share This Page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=129902

Paid Advertisement
May. 7, 2021