Copperopolis in Calaveras County, California — The American West (Pacific Coastal)
The property was purchased by the Mineral Lodge, I.O.O.F. in 1874 and used as a lodge until 1903. Copperopolis Community Center purchased the Armory in 1948.
Erected 1997 by The Efforts of Charles and Rhoda Stone and Dedicated by the N.D.G.W., Princess Parlor No.84, June 28, 1998.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Churches & Religion • Fraternal or Sororal Organizations • Industry & Commerce • Settlements & Settlers • War, US Civil. In addition, it is included in the Native Sons/Daughters of the Golden West series list.
Location. 37° 58.552′ N, 120° 38.141′ W. Marker is in Copperopolis, California Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 695 Main Street, Copperopolis CA 95228, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Copperopolis Historical Plaza (within shouting distance of this marker); The Old Corner Saloon (approx. 0.2 miles away); Copperopolis (approx. 0.2 miles away); Calaveras Telephone (approx. ¼ mile away); Thomas McCarty (approx. 0.3 miles away); Copperopolis Cemetery (approx. 0.3 miles away); Congregational Church (approx. 0.3 miles away); a different marker also named Copperopolis (approx. 0.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Copperopolis.
Regarding Copperopolis Armory. This property was listed on the National Register of Historic Places December 30, 1997.
Also see . . . The California State Military Museum: Federal Armory. (Submitted on October 26, 2008, by Syd Whittle of El Dorado Hills, California.)
1. News Account from The Stockton Independent: October 20, 1862
FROM COPPEROPOLIS, Oct. 20th -- In pursuance of an order of General DOBBIE, the 3rd Brigade of this State will meet here for military parade tomorrow and continue until Wednesday night.
— Submitted October 26, 2008, by Syd Whittle of El Dorado Hills, California.
Credits. This page was last revised on November 25, 2019. It was originally submitted on October 26, 2008, by Syd Whittle of El Dorado Hills, California. This page has been viewed 2,157 times since then and 33 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on October 26, 2008, by Syd Whittle of El Dorado Hills, California. 4. submitted on June 8, 2009, by Syd Whittle of El Dorado Hills, California. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.