Woodville in Wilkinson County, Mississippi — The American South (East South Central)
Lewis Family Cemetery
Col. John South Lewis gave land for the Methodist church to be built in 1824 and reserved this plot. Tall shaft marks his grave.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Cemeteries & Burial Sites.
Location. 31° 6.208′ N, 91° 18.192′ W. Marker is in Woodville, Mississippi, in Wilkinson County. Marker is on Sligo Street south of Main Street (State Highway 24), on the right when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Woodville MS 39669, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Morgan-Babers House (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Morgan Cottage (about 300 feet away); Miller-Townsend Cottage (about 400 feet away); Montfort House (about 400 feet away); Isaac Hart House (about 400 feet away); Old Chisholm Boarding House (about 500 feet away); Woodruff-Tucker House (about 500 feet away); Old Christian Church Parsonage (about 600 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Woodville.
Credits. This page was last revised on March 3, 2019. It was originally submitted on March 3, 2019, by Cajun Scrambler of Assumption, Louisiana. This page has been viewed 141 times since then and 29 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on March 3, 2019.