Saluda in Saluda County, South Carolina — The American South (South Atlantic)
Clock Donated to the Town of Saluda and Saluda County
Gentry's Poultry Company Inc.
June 10, 2007
Founded by Wesley M. Gentry, Sr. (Matt), Gentry's Poultry began as a small family-run business. Continuing as a family-owned, family-run business, it flourished under the direction of second generation, W.M. Gentry, Jr. and his wife, Trannye, with the help of their sons, Wesley M. Gentry III (Wes), and Larry E. Gentry, Into the 21st century, Gentry's Poultry continued with third and fourth generation family who preserve the family traditions of service to Saluda citizens.
Erected 2007 by Gentry Poultry Company Inc.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Agriculture • Animals • Industry & Commerce • Settlements & Settlers. A significant historical month for this entry is June 1806.
Location. 34° 0.087′ N, 81° 46.3′ W. Marker is in Saluda, South Carolina, in Saluda County. Marker is on Main Street, on the right when traveling east. Marker is located in the southeast Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Saluda SC 29138, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 10 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Pierce M. Butler / The Palmetto Regiment (a few steps from this marker); Travis / Bonham Memorial (a few steps from this marker); Saluda County Veterans Memorial (within shouting distance of this marker); At Old Saluda Town... (within shouting distance of this marker); Historic Saluda (within shouting distance of this marker); Saluda Old Town Treaty, July 2, 1755 (within shouting distance of this marker); Red Bank Church (approx. 0.3 miles away); Colonel William Barrett Travis (approx. 0.4 miles away); Mr. Philemon B. Waters (approx. 0.4 miles away); Saluda County Stockyard and Livestock Market (approx. 0.9 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Saluda.
Credits. This page was last revised on November 30, 2020. It was originally submitted on October 27, 2008, by Brian Scott of Anderson, South Carolina. This page has been viewed 984 times since then and 21 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on October 27, 2008, by Brian Scott of Anderson, South Carolina.