Milledgeville in Baldwin County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Erected 1961 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 005-23.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Forts and Castles • Industry & Commerce • Native Americans • Settlements & Settlers. In addition, it is included in the Georgia Historical Society series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1797.
Location. 33° 2.706′ N, 83° 12.741′ W. Marker is in Milledgeville, Georgia, in Baldwin Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Milledgeville GA 31061, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Old Fort Wilkinson (about 700 feet away, measured in a direct line); Cedar Lane Cemetery (approx. 0.6 miles away); Milledgeville State Hospital (approx. 0.7 miles away); Route of Gen. Kilpatrick’s Cavalry (approx. 1.9 miles away); Old Oglethorpe University (approx. 2.1 miles away); Carl Vinson • Mary Green Vinson (approx. 2.2 miles away); Rear Admiral John W. Wilcox (approx. 2.3 miles away); The Methodist Church (approx. 2.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Milledgeville.
Also see . . . The complete text of the Treaty of Fort Wilkinson. (Submitted on October 31, 2008, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia.)
Credits. This page was last revised on January 26, 2020. It was originally submitted on October 30, 2008, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 3,398 times since then and 46 times this year. Photo 1. submitted on October 30, 2008, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page.
Editor’s want-list for this marker. A wide shot of the marker and its surroundings. • Can you help?