Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Green Bay in Brown County, Wisconsin — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
 

La Baye Burial Place

"La Baye Cemetery"

 
 
La Baye Burial Place Marker image. Click for full size.
By Melinda Roberts, July 6, 2012
1. La Baye Burial Place Marker
Inscription.  
La Baye burial place 1720 - 1835
Land donated by Domatelle de Langlade
Grignon - Langevin (Marker Number 32.)
 
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Cemeteries & Burial SitesLandmarks. A significant historical year for this entry is 1720.
 
Location. 44° 30.501′ N, 88° 1.131′ W. Marker is in Green Bay, Wisconsin, in Brown County. Marker is at the intersection of Washington Street and Adams Street on Washington Street.
located at the convergence of South Washington and Adams Streets. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Green Bay WI 54301, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. First Catholic Church In Green Bay (here, next to this marker); Bank Of Wisconsin (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Elks Club (approx. 0.2 miles away); Milwaukee Road Passenger Depot (approx. 0.2 miles away); Milwaukee Road Depot (approx. 0.2 miles away); Packers Office Building (approx. 0.2 miles away); Vice Admiral James H. Flatley Jr. (approx. 0.2 miles away); Freimann Hotel Building (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Green Bay.
 
Regarding La Baye Burial Place.
La Baye (right) and First Catholic Church (left) markers in front of Fire Station #1 image. Click for full size.
By Robert L Weber, January 1, 2011
2. La Baye (right) and First Catholic Church (left) markers in front of Fire Station #1
Click or scan to see
this page online

Green Bay was originally called La Baye and La Baye des Puans, often translated as Bay of Bad Odors or Bay of Stinkards. The settlement was renamed Green Bay in 1839.
 
Also see . . .  Green Bay History. (Submitted on January 1, 2011, by Bob (peach) Weber of Dewey, Arizona.)
 
La Baye (right) and First Catholic Church (left) markers image. Click for full size.
By Robert L Weber, June 6, 2011
3. La Baye (right) and First Catholic Church (left) markers
Astor Place image. Click for full size.
By Devon Polzar, 2018
4. Astor Place
The Business Center of the Town of Astor Platted in 1835 Wisconsin Registered Landmark #32
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on October 9, 2020. It was originally submitted on January 1, 2011, by Bob (peach) Weber of Dewey, Arizona. This page has been viewed 1,060 times since then and 22 times this year. Last updated on March 28, 2019, by Devon Polzar of Port Washington, Wisconsin. Photos:   1. submitted on July 6, 2012, by Melinda Roberts of De Pere, United States.   2. submitted on January 1, 2011, by Bob (peach) Weber of Dewey, Arizona.   3. submitted on June 6, 2011, by Bob (peach) Weber of Dewey, Arizona.   4. submitted on March 28, 2019, by Devon Polzar of Port Washington, Wisconsin. • Andrew Ruppenstein was the editor who published this page.

Share This Page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=131523

Paid Advertisement
May. 9, 2021