Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Clarks Green in Lackawanna County, Pennsylvania — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
 

Baptist Church Bell

 
 
Baptist Church Bell Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By William Fischer, Jr., March 30, 2019
1. Baptist Church Bell Marker
Inscription.  

This bell stood in
the belfry of the
Baptist church of
Clarks Green, PA
Cast in 1869 by the
Meneely Foundry
West Troy, New York.
—————————————
The present owners,
Waverly Lodge #301
donated this bell
for the 2014
centennial, in
memory of
Barton R. Earl
Past Master.

 
Erected by Borough of Clarks Green.
 
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Churches & ReligionCommunicationsFraternal or Sororal OrganizationsMan-Made Features. In addition, it is included in the Historic Bells series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1869.
 
Location. 41° 29.916′ N, 75° 41.756′ W. Marker is in Clarks Green, Pennsylvania, in Lackawanna County. Marker is at the intersection of North Abington Road (Pennsylvania Route 407) and Glenburn Road, on the right when traveling north on North Abington Road. The bell stands in front
Paid Advertisement
Click on the ad for more information.
Please report objectionable advertising to the Editor.
Click or scan to see
this page online
of the Clarks Green Borough Office. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 104 North Abington Road, Clarks Summit PA 18411, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Deacon William Clark (a few steps from this marker); Laura Lee DeFazio Morabito (approx. half a mile away); Veterans Memorial (approx. half a mile away); War Memorial (approx. 1.4 miles away); Daniel T. Stark Memorial Bridge (approx. 1˝ miles away); James G. Reese Jr. (approx. 1˝ miles away); South Abington Township World War II Memorial (approx. 1.8 miles away); Hickory Grove Cemetery (approx. 1.9 miles away).
 
Regarding Baptist Church Bell. The Waverly Masonic Lodge #301 meets in the former Baptist church at 118 North Abington Road, just north of the borough office.
 
Also see . . .  Clarks Green Borough: Our History. (Submitted on March 30, 2019, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.)
 
Baptist Church Bell and Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By William Fischer, Jr., March 30, 2019
2. Baptist Church Bell and Marker
Baptist Church Bell image. Click for full size.
Photographed By William Fischer, Jr., March 30, 2019
3. Baptist Church Bell
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on March 30, 2019. It was originally submitted on March 30, 2019, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 224 times since then and 5 times this year. Photos:   1, 2, 3. submitted on March 30, 2019, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.

Share this page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=131618

CeraNet Cloud Computing sponsors the Historical Marker Database.
U.S. FTC REQUIRED NOTICE: This website earns income from purchases you make after using links to Amazon.com. Thank you.
Paid Advertisements
Mar. 3, 2024