Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Concord in Merrimack County, New Hampshire — The American Northeast (New England)
 

Site of Rumford Garrison No. 6

 
 
Site of Rumford Garrison No. 6 Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Bill Pfingsten, August 15, 2014
1. Site of Rumford Garrison No. 6 Marker
Inscription.  Around house of Joseph Hall to which were assigned May 15, 1746 fifteen settlers with their families.
 
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Colonial EraForts and Castles. A significant historical date for this entry is May 15, 1844.
 
Location. 43° 11.656′ N, 71° 31.696′ W. Marker is in Concord, New Hampshire, in Merrimack County. Marker is at the intersection of Hall Street and Water Street (U.S. 3) on Hall Street. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Concord NH 03301, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. The Concord Coach (approx. 0.3 miles away); Site of Rumford Garrison No. 7 (approx. half a mile away); Site of Home of President Franklin Pierce (approx. half a mile away); Fletcher-Murphy Park (approx. 0.7 miles away); Chamberlin House (approx. 0.8 miles away); Concord Police Station (approx. 0.9 miles away); An Architectural Treasure Trove (approx. 0.9 miles away); Nathaniel & Armenia White (approx. 0.9 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Concord.
 
Related markers. Click here for a list of markers that are related to this marker. Concord New Hampshire Garrison
Paid Advertisement
Click on the ad for more information.
Please report objectionable advertising to the Editor.
Click or scan to see
this page online
Sites
 
Site of Rumford Garrison No. 6 Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Bill Pfingsten, August 15, 2014
2. Site of Rumford Garrison No. 6 Marker
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on April 15, 2019. It was originally submitted on August 21, 2014, by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland. This page has been viewed 593 times since then and 36 times this year. Last updated on April 15, 2019, by Douglas Finney of Concord, New Hampshire, USA. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on August 21, 2014, by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland. • Andrew Ruppenstein was the editor who published this page.

Share this page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=132185

CeraNet Cloud Computing sponsors the Historical Marker Database.
This website earns income from purchases you make after using our links to Amazon.com. We appreciate your support.
Paid Advertisement
Jun. 21, 2024