New Haven in Oswego County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Formed June 30, 1817
as Presbyterian Church.
Anti-Slavery Society met
here February 21, 1839.
Erected 2017 by William G. Pomeroy Foundation. (Marker Number 359.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Abolition & Underground RR • Churches & Religion. In addition, it is included in the William G. Pomeroy Foundation series list. A significant historical date for this entry is February 21, 1839.
Location. 43° 28.819′ N, 76° 18.99′ W. Marker is in New Haven, New York, in Oswego County. Marker is on New York State Route 104. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 4270 State Route 104, New Haven NY 13121, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 5 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. M-60A1 Patton Tank (about 700 feet away, measured in a direct line); Audrey Munson (approx. 0.2 miles away); Dempster Grove (approx. 0.4 miles away); Alfred House (approx. 3.8 miles away); Silas Towne (approx. 4.2 miles away); The Academy Starr Clark Tin Shop (approx. 4.6 miles away); Commanding the Forces (approx. 4.7 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in New Haven.
Credits. This page was last revised on April 26, 2019. It was originally submitted on April 26, 2019, by Deryn Pomeroy of Syracuse, New York. This page has been viewed 109 times since then and 22 times this year. Photo 1. submitted on April 26, 2019, by Deryn Pomeroy of Syracuse, New York. • Andrew Ruppenstein was the editor who published this page.
Editor’s want-list for this marker. Picture of marker with church • Can you help?