St. Louis, Missouri — The American Midwest (Upper Plains)
Built in 1916
From 1924 through 1929 DeLuxe Automobile Co., sold, first Oldsmobiles and then Peerless and Falcon-Knight automobiles. Peerless was leading luxury car of the era and Falcon-Knight was powered by a Knight, sleeve-valve motor.
From 1930 through 1935, this building served Steiner-Fahrenkrog Automobile Co., a Reo auto and truck dealership. In 1904, Ransom E. Olds, in a dispute with his financial backers about how large a car the Oldsmobile should be, left the firm he had founded and established Reo Motor Car Co.
Erected by The Horseless Carriage Club of Missouri and Hilliker
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Industry & Commerce • Roads & Vehicles. A significant historical year for this entry is 1924.
Location. 38° 38.172′ N, 90° 13.408′ W. Marker is in St. Louis, Missouri. Marker is at the intersection of Locust Street and North Cardinal Avenue, on the right when traveling west on Locust Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 3101 Locust Street, Saint Louis MO 63103, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Moon Building (within shouting distance of this marker); Stutz Building (within shouting distance of this marker); Stearns-Knight Building (within shouting distance of this marker); Locomobile Building (within shouting distance of this marker); Long Roads To Freedom (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Nash Building (about 500 feet away); Ford Building (about 500 feet away); Durant-Star Building (about 600 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in St. Louis.
Credits. This page was last revised on April 17, 2020. It was originally submitted on April 29, 2019, by Devry Becker Jones of Washington, District of Columbia. This page has been viewed 123 times since then and 17 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on April 29, 2019, by Devry Becker Jones of Washington, District of Columbia.