St. Charles in St. Charles County, Missouri — The American Midwest (Upper Plains)
1005 Jefferson Street
Oliver and Katherine Link were the original owners. Mr. Link was a manager at the American Car and Foundry Co. Additionally, he was an inventor with a number of patents. His patented "link door", a coupling devise for railroad cars, is still in use today.
The current owners, Tom and Pat Kuypers, have engaged in extensive renovations highlighted by their conversion of the attic into a ballroom and development of a romantic courtyard off the west wing enhanced by their construction of detached
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Architecture • Industry & Commerce • Roads & Vehicles. A significant historical year for this entry is 1895.
Location. 38° 47.095′ N, 90° 29.578′ W. Marker is in St. Charles, Missouri, in St. Charles County. Marker is on Jefferson Street west of North 10th Street, on the right when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1005 Jefferson Street, Saint Charles MO 63301, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. 1025 Jefferson Street (within shouting distance of this marker); 1029 Jefferson Street (within shouting distance of this marker); 1035 Jefferson Street (within shouting distance of this marker); 1057 Jefferson Street (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); 819 Jefferson Street (about 500 feet away); 809 Jefferson Street (about 500 feet away); 1111 Jefferson Street (about 800 feet away); 715 Jefferson Street (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in St. Charles.
Credits. This page was last revised on May 1, 2019. It was originally submitted on May 1, 2019, by Devry Becker Jones of Washington, District of Columbia. This page has been viewed 96 times since then and 13 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on May 1, 2019, by Devry Becker Jones of Washington, District of Columbia.