South Whitehall Township in Lehigh County, Pennsylvania — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
1736 - 1822
Erected 1929 by Pennsylvania Historical Commission and the Valley Forge Chapter, S.A.R.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Churches & Religion • Colonial Era • Patriots & Patriotism • War, US Revolutionary. In addition, it is included in the Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission, and the Sons of the American Revolution series lists.
Location. 40° 36.808′ N, 75° 34.019′ W. Marker is in South Whitehall Township, Pennsylvania, in Lehigh County. Marker is on Church Road just north of Church Road, on the left when traveling eastTouch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1837 Church Rd, Allentown PA 18104, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 4 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Allentown (approx. 2.4 miles away); Spanish American War Memorial (approx. 2.7 miles away); Portland Cement (approx. 3.1 miles away); Milton W. "Scotty" Wood and June "Betty" Wood (approx. 3.1 miles away); The Haas College Center (approx. 3.2 miles away); The David A. Miller Bell Tower (approx. 3.2 miles away); John Peter Gabriel Muhlenberg (approx. 3.2 miles away); The Ettinger Building (approx. 3.2 miles away).
Regarding Abraham Blumer. In addition to what the marker indicates, Rev. Blumer was instrumental in protecting the Liberty Bell from being confiscated by British troops.
Also see . . . MarkerQuest - Abraham Blumer. Further information regarding the life and work of Abraham Blumer. (Submitted on May 16, 2019, by Laura Klotz of Northampton, Pennsylvania.)
Credits. This page was last revised on April 1, 2021. It was originally submitted on May 16, 2019, by Laura Klotz of Northampton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 161 times since then and 24 times this year. Photos: 1. submitted on May 16, 2019, by Laura Klotz of Northampton, Pennsylvania. 2, 3. submitted on March 31, 2021, by Laura Klotz of Northampton, Pennsylvania. • Andrew Ruppenstein was the editor who published this page.