Cumberland Township in Adams County, Pennsylvania — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Battery K, First U.S. Artillery
Second Brigade - Horse Artillery - Cavalry Corps
— Army of the Potomac —
Second Brigade Horse Artillery
Battery K First U.S. Artillery
Six 3 inch Rifles
Captain William M. Graham commanding
July 3 Arrived on the field and took position on the left with Cavalry and engaged during the attack of Brig. General E. J. Farnsworth's and Brig. General W. Merritt's Brigades on the Confederate right.
Casualties killed 2 men, wounded 1 man.
Erected 1907 by Gettysburg National Military Park Commission.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: War, US Civil. A significant historical month for this entry is July 1912.
Location. 39° 46.502′ N, 77° 15.797′ W. Marker is in Cumberland Township, Pennsylvania, in Adams County. Marker can be reached from Emmitsburg Road (Business U.S. 15), on the right when traveling north. Located on the South Cavalry Battlefield section of Gettysburg National Military Park. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Gettysburg PA 17325, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Second U.S. Cavalry (within shouting distance of this marker); Sixth U.S. Cavalry (about 300 feet away, measured First U.S. Cavalry (about 300 feet away); Reserve Brigade (about 300 feet away); 1st & 2d Regiments United States Cavalry (approx. 0.2 miles away); 6th Pennsylvania Cavalry (approx. 0.3 miles away); Chaplain Samuel Henry Stein (approx. half a mile away); Fifth U.S. Cavalry (approx. half a mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Cumberland Township.
Credits. This page was last revised on November 30, 2020. It was originally submitted on November 9, 2008, by Craig Swain of Leesburg, Virginia. This page has been viewed 873 times since then and 11 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on November 9, 2008, by Craig Swain of Leesburg, Virginia.