St. Simons Island in Glynn County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
The Historic St. Simons Light Station
Today, our lighthouse is under the jurisdiction and care of the United States Coast Guard, Aids to Navigation,Jacksonville Beach, Florida. The preservation of the historic structure on this site is the responsibility of the Coastal Georgia Historical Society.
Erected by Coastal Georgia Historical Society.
Location. 31° 8.036′ N, 81° 23.618′ W. Marker is in St. Simons Island, Georgia, in Glynn County. Marker is on 101 12th Street, on the right when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Saint Simons Island GA 31522, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers The First Light House ~ 1810 (here, next to this marker); Early History of St. Simons Island (here, next to this marker); Historic St. Simons Lighthouse (a few steps from this marker); Fort St. Simons (a few steps from this marker); Couper's Point (within shouting distance of this marker); a different marker also named Fort St. Simons (within shouting distance of this marker); Keepers of the Light (within shouting distance of this marker); Welcome to St. Simons Light! (within shouting distance of this marker). Touch for a list and map of all markers in St. Simons Island.
Categories. • Landmarks • Notable Buildings • Notable Places • Waterways & Vessels •
More. Search the internet for The Historic St. Simons Light Station.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on November 10, 2008, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. This page has been viewed 768 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on November 10, 2008, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.