Port Matilda in Centre County, Pennsylvania — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Port Matilda Cemetery
The Presbyterian Church was on this site from 1859 to 2007 and the earliest cemetery was referred to as the Presbyterian Cemetery. Ground was donated to expand by Peter Bubb Woodring in 1946 and Charles Zendt in 1985.
Frances Hoover and others nurtured the church for many recent years until it was not financially feasible and was dismantled in 2007 after 147 years.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Cemeteries & Burial Sites • Churches & Religion. A significant historical year for this entry is 1859.
Location. 40° 48.222′ N, 78° 2.972′ W. Marker is in Port Matilda, Pennsylvania, in Centre County. Marker is at the intersection of East Plank Road (Alternate U.S. 220) and Cemetery Road, on the right when traveling west on East Plank Road. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 704 East Plank Road, Port Matilda PA 16870, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 10 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Veterans Memorial (a few steps from this marker); Juniata Iron (approx. 2.1 miles away); Scotia (approx. 5.7 miles away); Pennsylvania FurnaceAntes (approx. 7.7 miles away); Plumbe Forge (approx. 7.8 miles away); Spruce Creek Church (approx. 7.9 miles away); The Pennsylvania State University (approx. 9.3 miles away).
Credits. This page was last revised on December 25, 2020. It was originally submitted on June 2, 2019, by Devry Becker Jones of Washington, District of Columbia. This page has been viewed 110 times since then and 23 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on June 2, 2019, by Devry Becker Jones of Washington, District of Columbia.