Tarlton in Pickaway County, Ohio — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Opened in 1796
by Colonel Ebenezer Zane.
Principal historic site
between Chillicothe and
Lancaster is Tarlton,
once famous for Nye's Tavern,
favorite stopping place
of Henry Clay.
Erected 1959 by Ohio Society, Daughters of the American Colonists.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Roads & Vehicles. In addition, it is included in the Daughters of the American Colonists series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1796.
Location. 39° 33.349′ N, 82° 46.593′ W. Marker is in Tarlton, Ohio, in Pickaway County. Marker can be reached from Main Street (Ohio Route 159), on the right when traveling east. Marker is next to Nye's Tavern, between German and Harrison Streets. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Tarlton OH 43156, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 10 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Major General William Sooy Smith (here, next to this marker); Treaty of Camp Charlotte (approx. 3.8 miles away); Camp CharlotteLaurelville Veterans Memorial (approx. 5.9 miles away); Pioneer Lutherans (approx. 6.3 miles away); Amanda Veterans Memorial (approx. 6.7 miles away); Camp Circleville (approx. 8.3 miles away); Watt-Groce-Fickardt House (approx. 9.2 miles away).
Also see . . . Back in Time - Zane's Trace. (Submitted on November 12, 2008, by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland.)
Credits. This page was last revised on December 2, 2019. It was originally submitted on November 11, 2008, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 1,339 times since then and 32 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on November 11, 2008, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.