Pierson in Volusia County, Florida — The American South (South Atlantic)
Barberville Pioneer Settlement
Blacksmith Shop in DeLand, it
was built in around 1900.
The building served as the
Settlement’s smithy until 1987
when it was re-purposed
to serve as the Firehouse.
It contains fire-fighting
memorabilia and two antique
fire engines, a 1933 Hahn and
a 1918 American LaFrance
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Agriculture • Settlements & Settlers.
Location. 29° 10.989′ N, 81° 25.414′ W. Marker is in Pierson, Florida, in Volusia County. Marker can be reached from Lightfoot Lane south of 3, on the right when traveling south. Marker located within the Barberville Pioneer Settlement. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1776 Lightfoot Lane, Pierson FL 32180, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Midway Methodist Church (a few steps from this marker); Huntington Post Office (a few steps from this marker); Tomoka Turpentine Still (a few steps from this marker); Quarter's House (within shouting distance Pierson Depot (within shouting distance of this marker); Convict Cage Wagon (within shouting distance of this marker); Swedish Pioneer Memorial (within shouting distance of this marker); Lewis Log Cabin (within shouting distance of this marker). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Pierson.
Also see . . . Barberville Pioneer Settlement. Barberville Pioneer Settlement was founded in 1976 and is a private not-for-profit 501(c)(3) organization registered with the State Florida. The centerpiece of the Barberville Pioneer Settlement is the original Barberville Central High School (c 1919), a National Register of Historic Places site. Many historical buildings and artifacts that may otherwise have been destroyed have been relocated to the “Settlement’s” grounds. The site is also the original home of Volusia County’s oldest two story brick residence, the Joseph Underhill House (c 1879). (Submitted on June 21, 2019.)
Credits. This page was last revised on June 21, 2019. It was originally submitted on June 18, 2019, by Brandon D Cross of Flagler Beach, Florida. This page has been viewed 86 times since then and 8 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on June 18, 2019, by Brandon D Cross of Flagler Beach, Florida. • Andrew Ruppenstein was the editor who published this page.