Pierson in Volusia County, Florida — The American South (South Atlantic)
Huntington Post Office
Barberville Pioneer Settlement
Crescent City and east of Lake George. After the
railroad came through the area in 1885, the post office
was built to accept mail for the community.
It was donated and moved to the Settlement in 1996.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Communications • Education • Parks & Recreational Areas • Settlements & Settlers.
Location. 29° 10.981′ N, 81° 25.42′ W. Marker is in Pierson, Florida, in Volusia County. Marker can be reached from Lightfoot Lane south of County Road 3, on the right when traveling south. Marker located within the Barberville Pioneer Settlement. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1776 Lightfoot Lane, Pierson FL 32180, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Midway Methodist Church (here, next to this marker); Settlement Firehouse (a few steps from this marker); Quarter's House (within shouting distance of this marker); Tomoka Turpentine Still (within shouting Pierson Depot (within shouting distance of this marker); Convict Cage Wagon (within shouting distance of this marker); Swedish Pioneer Memorial (within shouting distance of this marker); Lewis Log Cabin (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Pierson.
Also see . . . Barberville Pioneer Settlement. Barberville Pioneer Settlement was founded in 1976 and is a private not-for-profit 501(c)(3) organization registered with the State Florida. The centerpiece of the Barberville Pioneer Settlement is the original Barberville Central High School (c 1919), a National Register of Historic Places site. Many historical buildings and artifacts that may otherwise have been destroyed have been relocated to the “Settlement’s” grounds. The site is also the original home of Volusia County’s oldest two story brick residence, the Joseph Underhill House (c 1879). (Submitted on June 21, 2019.)
Credits. This page was last revised on June 21, 2019. It was originally submitted on June 19, 2019, by Brandon D Cross of Flagler Beach, Florida. This page has been viewed 69 times since then and 16 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on June 19, 2019, by Brandon D Cross of Flagler Beach, Florida. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.