Gdynia, Pomorskie, Poland
Dworzec Morski/Maritime Station
The building was constructed in 1933 to a design by "Dyckerhoff & Widmann" company from Katowice. The Station consists of two distinctly different parts: the front Main Lounge and its extension - the Transit Warehouse. The Maritime Station was mainly used for passenger embarkation services. Transatlantic liners, on board which thousands of Poles traveled abroad, moored at the neighboring French Pier. In 2014, the building was restored and adapted for its new purpose the Museum of Emigration.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Architecture • Waterways & Vessels.
Location. 54° 31.985′ N, 18° 32.854′ E. Marker is in Gdynia, Pomorskie. Marker is on Polska. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: Polska 2, Gdynia, Pomorskie 81-339, Poland. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 3 other markers are within 23 kilometers of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Willa Ernsta Claaszna (approx. 10.5 kilometers away in Pomeranian Voivodeship); Muzeum Sopotu (approx. 10.5 kilometers away); Żura Wielki - Brama Portowa/The Great Crane Gateway to the Port (approx. 21.5 kilometers away).
Credits. This page was last revised on June 29, 2019. It was originally submitted on June 28, 2019, by Steve Masler of Memphis, Tennessee. This page has been viewed 55 times since then and 14 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on June 28, 2019, by Steve Masler of Memphis, Tennessee. • Andrew Ruppenstein was the editor who published this page.