Clifton Park in Saratoga County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Hotel c. 1790
Turnpike from Waterford To
Jonesville and Ballston
Spa. Served as Court House,
Jail and Dance Hall
Erected by Clifton Park Bicentennial Commission.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Industry & Commerce • Roads & Vehicles • Settlements & Settlers.
Location. 42° 51.94′ N, 73° 46.227′ W. Marker is in Clifton Park, New York, in Saratoga County. Marker is at the intersection of Old Route 146 and U.S. 9, on the right when traveling west on Old Route 146. The marker is displayed seasonally. The buildings have been condemned. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Clifton Park NY 12065, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Clifton Park Village Hotel (a few steps from this marker); Clifton Park (within shouting distance of this marker); Turnpike (approx. 0.7 miles away); This is the Way North (approx. 0.9 miles away); Church c. 1795 (approx. 1.3 miles away); Spice FactoryPeck House (approx. 2 miles away); School c. 1860 (approx. 2.1 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Clifton Park.
Credits. This page was last revised on November 19, 2019. It was originally submitted on July 1, 2019, by Steve Stoessel of Niskayuna, New York. This page has been viewed 143 times since then and 8 times this year. Photos: 1. submitted on July 1, 2019, by Steve Stoessel of Niskayuna, New York. 2. submitted on November 7, 2019, by Howard C. Ohlhous of Duanesburg, New York. 3. submitted on July 1, 2019, by Steve Stoessel of Niskayuna, New York. • Andrew Ruppenstein was the editor who published this page.