Franklin in Williamson County, Tennessee — The American South (East South Central)
"The Harrison House"
Erected by Tennessee Historical Commission. (Marker Number 3D 52.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: War, US Civil. A significant historical date for this entry is September 2, 1864.
Location. 35° 52.894′ N, 86° 52.815′ W. Marker is in Franklin, Tennessee, in Williamson County. Marker is on Columbia Pike (Tennessee Route 6) 0.7 miles south of Mack C Hatcher Memorial Parkway (U.S. 31), on the right when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 4081 Columbia Avenue, Franklin TN 37064, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Alabama (approx. half a mile away); Arkansas Cockrell's Missouri Brigade CSA (approx. half a mile away); Battle of Franklin (approx. half a mile away); The Confederate Soldier (approx. half a mile away); Tennessee (approx. half a mile away); Major General Patrick R. Cleburne CSA (approx. half a mile away); Winstead Hill Observation Post (approx. half a mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Franklin.
Regarding "The Harrison House". The Harrison House was the site of the council of war prior to the Battle of Franklin, when Lieutenant General John Bell Hood decided to order an attack on the Federal defenses surrounding the town.
Credits. This page was last revised on July 8, 2019. It was originally submitted on July 4, 2019, by Larry Gertner of New York, New York. This page has been viewed 359 times since then and 79 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on July 4, 2019, by Larry Gertner of New York, New York. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.