Midway in Woodford County, Kentucky — The American South (East South Central)
Midway Presbyterian Church
Also here were the original town cemetery, which was moved in the 1890s, and a brick church built in 1870. Rebuilt 1911 after a fire, it is a fine example of Gothic Revival architecture. A 1949 addition was replaced with a new Fellowship Hall in 2013. Church is in the Midway Historic District, which was listed on National Register of Historic Places in 1978.
Erected 2016 by Kentucky Historical Society, Kentucky Department of Highways. (Marker Number 2486.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Cemeteries & Burial Sites • Churches & Religion. In addition, it is included in the Kentucky Historical Society series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1841.
Location. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 103 North Turner Street, Midway KY 40347, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Sons & Daughters of Relief Cemetery (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); St. Matthew A.M.E. Church (about 600 feet away); Midway (about 700 feet away); Midway Christian Church (about 800 feet away); Edward Dudley Brown / Noted Horseman (approx. 0.2 miles away); "Sue Mundy" Here (approx. 0.2 miles away); Morgan at Midway (approx. 0.2 miles away); Pilgrim Baptist Church (approx. Ό mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Midway.
Credits. This page was last revised on July 19, 2019. It was originally submitted on July 19, 2019, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama. This page has been viewed 130 times since then and 29 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on July 19, 2019, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama.