Jefferson in Schoharie County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Stephen Judd in 1817 gave the deed to 108 rods of land to be used as a general training ground and lands for the academy.
Erected 1939 by State Education Department.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Charity & Public Work • Education • Parks & Recreational Areas. A significant historical year for this entry is 1817.
Location. 42° 28.869′ N, 74° 36.751′ W. Marker is in Jefferson, New York, in Schoharie County. Marker is on North Harpersfield Road (County Route 2A), on the left when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Jefferson NY 12093, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 5 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Town of Jefferson (here, next to this marker); Town of Jefferson War Memorial (here, next to this marker); Jefferson Academy (within shouting distance of this marker); Mill Stones (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Parker 13-Sided Barn (approx. 0.4 miles away); Site of Battle (approx. 3.2 miles away); Utsayantha LakeHarpersfield Toll Gate (approx. 4.6 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Jefferson.
Credits. This page was last revised on August 8, 2019. It was originally submitted on August 6, 2019, by Steve Stoessel of Niskayuna, New York. This page has been viewed 155 times since then and 38 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on August 6, 2019, by Steve Stoessel of Niskayuna, New York. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.