Grove City in Franklin County, Ohio — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Pilgar's Harness & Saddle Shop.
Built as First National Bank of
Grove City, the Women's Civic
Club established first public
library in the Director's Room.
The Telephone Company was on
the 2nd floor.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Charity & Public Work • Education • Industry & Commerce • Women.
Location. 39° 52.996′ N, 83° 5.549′ W. Marker is in Grove City, Ohio, in Franklin County. Marker is at the intersection of Broadway (U.S. 62) and Columbus Street, on the right when traveling north on Broadway. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 3968 Broadway, Grove City OH 43123, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. 3974 Broadway (here, next to this marker); Gold Star Families Memorial (a few steps from this marker); 3981 Broadway (within shouting distance of this marker); 3989 Broadway (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); "Park and Broadway in 1924" 4002 Broadway (about 300 feet away); 3995 Broadway (about 300 feet away); 3999 Broadway (about 400 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Grove City.
Also see . . .
1. History of Grove City — Chronology. (Submitted on August 7, 2019, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.)
2. The History of Grove City OH. (Submitted on August 7, 2019, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.)
Credits. This page was last revised on August 7, 2019. It was originally submitted on August 7, 2019, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 131 times since then and 4 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on August 7, 2019, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.