Denton in Caroline County, Maryland — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
placed on the
of Historic Places
by the United States
Department of the Interior
[Additional plaque nearby:]
and the colonial garden
was owned by the
Woman's Club of Denton
from 1926 to 2008
Location. 38° 53.103′ N, 75° 49.993′ W. Marker is in Denton, Maryland, in Caroline County. Marker is on South 2nd Street south of Franklin Street (Maryland Route 404), on the left when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 104 South 2nd Street, Denton MD 21629, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Two Neighbors * Two Governors * Two States (within shouting distance of this marker); Caroline Courthouse (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); President Roosevelt's Speech (about 500 feet away); On this spot Sept. 5, 1938 stood Franklin Delano Roosevelt (about 500 feet away); Revolution or Fraud? (about 600 feet away); Caroline Court House (about 600 feet away); Great Wars of World Conflict (about 700 feet away); John Wilkes Booth (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Denton.
Categories. • Education • Fraternal or Sororal Organizations • Women •
More. Search the internet for Denton Schoolhouse.
Credits. This page was last revised on August 11, 2019. This page originally submitted on August 11, 2019, by Devry Becker Jones of Washington, District of Columbia. This page has been viewed 66 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on August 11, 2019, by Devry Becker Jones of Washington, District of Columbia.